Cable Cutter 1000V
- For stripping and cutting copper and aluminium cable
- Improved cutting geometry for simple cutting and higher operating times
- Ratchet-shaped clamping of the cable ensures crimp-free cutting
- Precision cutting edge for a smooth and clean cut without any burrs
- Not suitable for steel wire, aluminium alloys and hard-drawn copper conductors
- Re-adjustable screw-joint
- Handles with 1000V multi-layered insulation according to DIN EN/IEC 60900
- Professional design for easy handling under permanent load
- Made of special tool steel, forged, oil-hardened
For working at or close to electrical parts please observe safety regulations for electrical works and additional national safety regulations.
Check that insulation is not damaged each time before using the tools. Do not use damaged tools anymore. Keep your safety tools clean and dry. Ensure that the workplace where you are working on live equipment is clean and tidy. Use protective clothing and safety equipment (eg. safety gloves, cover clothes and safety sleeves), especially when working in narrow areas.
Electrical work (worked carried out on electrical devices an systems) must be either conducted by a qualified electrician or supervised and checked by one.
Use tools for indicated purposes only.
Before using the cutting tools please wear body protection such as safety mask, safety glasses and hand protection.
Beware of wire ends flying off!
The safety tools in the 43 series guarantee maximum protection when professionals have to work on “live” components and in other hazardous conditions. Thanks to the multiple protective layers, any damage to the insulation is immediately visible so you can concentrate on the work in hand without having to worry about whether the tool is safe or not. Just like with the 49 series, these tools also have an anti-dazzle matt chrome-plated finish which eliminates annoying reflections that might distract you from the task and allow you to achieve perfect results. The pliers are made from tool steel, special tool steel or chrome vanadium steel and are drop-forged and oil-hardened. The cutting edges of all these cutting tools are induction-hardened to ensure that they can cope with the needs of professionals in industry and the trades.
Better safe than sorry.
Electricians put their faith in their tools daily. Electricity is always a potential hazard. Whether they are cutting cables to size, fitting socket outlets or configuring switch cabinets, they need tools they can rely on without fail. When an electrician picks up a set of VDE tools made by NWS, he or she is handling quality tools subjected to stringent testing for practical, hands-on applications in electrical jobs. This is, after all, what professional working, health & safety are all about.
Safety testing method according to IEC 60900
• Visual check and check of measurements: single check of the lettering on the basis tool as well as on the insulation.
• Check of resistance under hot and cold conditions: under normal temperatures of the surroundings (23° C) as well as under low temperatures (-25° C) on three different positions easy to hurt.
• Single voltage check: check of the electrical insulating characteristics by putting on a 10 KV voltage in a water bath for three minutes and measuring the deflecting electricity.
• Pressure check - check of puncture: storage of tools in a warming box for 2 hours at the temperature of 70° C putting on a 5 KV Voltage for three minutes and raising a power of 20 N on the insulation.
• Check of the adhesive power of the insulation: storage of tools in a warming box for 168 h at a temperature of 70° C raising a power of 500 N for three minutes on the area between the conductive part and the insulation.
• Check of fire risk: raising a flame on the insulation for 10 seconds.